Hello!!!! If you've bounced here from the Amazing Alex then you are on the right hop!!!
I will admit...when we first received our color assignment this week I really had to THINK!! Cranberry, Bright Yellow, Brown, Green....or basic variations of those. Not so much my 'go to' palette! But...one of the MANY perks to being on a DT is being issued challenges that you would normally never challenge yourself with!!
So...I pulled out the colors....and I sat...and sat...and sat...and just looked at them. A card was not calling me...but an alterable DVD tin most CERTAINLY was!!! I've been wanting to use this for a while. It came in a pile of things that a friend gave me a long time ago and it's just been kickin' around in my "alterables" basket waiting to be chosen for just the right project.
Finally!!! Here was it's chance to shine!!!
I decided to create a portable sewing/crafter's kit out of it!! It can easily be used as simply a travel sewing kit. But....for those of us in the 'biz' ;) or in the "craft" as I should say...it would be a handy little number to bring to a couple hour crop or a small workshop. It's obviously not so convenient to bring a sewing machine to things like that and not necessary to bring spools and spools of ribbon when usually only a few yards will do! So...this is what I came up with!!!
Contents of kit: Left Side:
- Misc lengths of ribbon easily intertwined and bowed into the green mesh which is attached with a velcro dot for easy removal
- different types of stick pins in baby strawberry pin cushion(both for decoration and/or function)
- pack of bandaids (for the inevitably stuck finger!)
- Safety pins, buttons, sewing needles - in a small reusable plastic sleeve (adhered with a velcro dot for easy removal)
- Needle threader - (also adhered with a velcro dot for easy removal)
- Cranberry thread is glued down in a few spots to create "slots" for a measuring tape, travel scissors and sewing thread)
- Butterflies....purely there for inspiration ;)
Cardstock & Designer Paper (just about every piece of either cardstock or DP is corner rounded):
- SU! Cranberry Crisp - heavily distressed and stitched
- PTI - New Leaf Green - crumpled up, covered in Dazzle Versamark and heat embossed
- Basic Grey - "Boxer" in Vintage Tee, Fedora and Corduroy
- Fancy Papers - "Simplicity"
- SU! Summer Sun - covered in Dazzle Versamark and heat embossed - inside left cover
- SU! Creamy Caramel
Ink: Colorbox Craft Ink - Brown
- Measuring tape ribbon - Misc brand from Michael's
- Skirt - fabric I had in my stash - top was stitched to bring in the waist to match the dress form stamp - added with 3-D glue dots
- Yellow ribbon with white ticking - ACM house brand - added to skirt with a dab of hot glue and added to lower outer edge with 'red liner' tape.
- Buttons from Colorful Creations store in Hyannis MA
- Hemp Twine - Michael's
- Brown ribbon with white polka dots - Michael's
- Cranberry grosgrain ribbon - JoAnn Fabrics
- Green Circular Netting - came in this month's "Findings Kit"!!! It's SOOOOOOO cool!! You MUST pick one up!!!
- Velcro dots - JoAnn Fabrics
- Tiny Strawberry - Snipped off of a larger pin cushion so you can carry a few pins with you
Happy Crafting!! Onto the Lovely Linda!!! I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!