YAY! I love this kind of thing. I've been out of touch for the last week with just STUFF going on so I haven't been blogging but...my greatest and one of my oldest friends, Joanne, has tagged me to share 7 things about myself and to then tag others. So...here goes!!
1. I'm super messy. I HATE admitting it and I fight against it every day but it's the truth. I pile everything and anything, I let dust bunnies mount armies against me and my family, I let the laundry pile up, I collect magazines (sometimes they get read and sometimes not), I leave wet towels on my bed, the floor and on the counters in the bathroom. Everything eventually gets done but there's no rhyme or reason to it. I try to be different...really I do...but it's super hard for me. I'm messiest when I'm crafting or cooking.
2. I don't really like children. Well...I didn't until I had my own. I guess that's how it goes sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends kids, and I certainly don't bear ill will against children that I don't know...it's just that...I'm not really oooey gooey over them. I was never a good candidate for a babysitter or camp counselor. I did both and was never very good at either. I used to have boys over when I babysat (the kids were sleeping and never in danger...however) and I was brought into the camp directors office because I was swearing too much and the kids wrote home to their parents (it was an overnight camp) that I was doing so. So I had to be given a "talking to" about it.
3. I have a tattoo on my lower back and I love it. However, I'd never get another. They say that they're contagious...not so much with me.
4. I miss being a blonde...I think I looked better that way. As a Mom of 2 under 3, it's way too hard to be blonde, or have any kind of regular hair coloring process that requires updating every 6-8 weeks.
5. I was in pretty intensive therapy for roughly 7 1/2 years. I guess I never really realized how hard I worked at it all until recently when I can clearly see from the other side of it.
6. My husband and I are coming up on being together 16 years...16 YEARS!! My little brother (he's 25) lives with us and we were recently reminiscing about how my husband taught him how to drive a standard - when he was getting his license, how my husband remembers when my little brother got braces, and how when we met my half sister was 1 month old. OY! This coming fall we'll be celebrating our 11 year wedding anniversary.
7. I've traded in my sick and expensive bag collection for an equally sick and expensive crafting hobby.
I don't know anyone really know anyone in the blogging world except for my great and fabulous Mommy friend Nita so I'm tagging her. We met in baby yoga and I'm a better person for knowing her...for thousands of reasons. She knows sooooooo many people in the blogging world so hopefully we can keep the tagging going!!
Thanks Jo for tagging me!