Hey All!!! Welcome to another awesome Robyn's Fetish Challenge!! I will tell you that our Fabulous Donna has been keeping us on our TOES!! Especially with this one!!
It isn't a hard tutorial but one that does take a bit of time and planning and working on the scale of your project as well. I really wanted to use the Santa's Workshop image from Robyn's store.
I pulled out a stash of last year's SU! holiday paper and set that aside as my muse. I then set to coloring the workshop with a mix of my Copics, sparkly Sakura gel pens, metallic paint pens, fine tipped glue pens and a mixture of white fun flock combined with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
I set it aside to dry.
I then worked on my penny sliding piece. I knew I wanted it to look like a snowball rolling around in front of Santa's Workshop. I used a piece of acetate sheeting and using my SU! scallop punch punched the shape out. I then covered it 3 times over with the mixture of the white, velvet flock and Dazzling diamonds. That took a bit to dry. I then took my 2 pennies and in lieu of a round foam dot (of which I had none) I used a small button figuring the smooth sides would work well. I adhered the button between the 2 pennies using Super Glue. I then created the holder for the penny apparatus. I adhered my DP to cardboard for stability and cut based on the correct measurements. By now my snowball was mostly dry so I glued it to the penny/button slider and put it into the holder. It rolled back and forth beautifully.
I then created my card base based on the proportions of the house and slider. I used Kraft paper as my base, SU! stripes as my next, and 2 opposing pieces of clear acetate paper as see through accents!! I then added the jumbo, red ribbon around the top portion of the card along with a truly vintage bow from my Great-Grandmother's sewing basket. It's tied to the red ribbon with a piece of white chiffon ribbon.
Santa's house was now dry so I trimmed it up and backed it with another piece of DP from SU!. I then added it to the center and top of the card balancing out the giant ribbon/button with a piece of green ric rac. Lastly, I added the slider to the bottom popping it up on adhesive dots so the snowball would roll easily back and forth.
This was a super challenging project and one that I simply LOVED!!
Thank you so much for visiting!! I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!!
Here is a GREAT tutorial for this technique.